Movie quiz for November 29th
Quizmas is coming. The goose is getting fat. Yes, it’s the first of four useless Christmas puns.
1. “Where her book ended, their story began.” The tagline to which of this week’s releases?
2. How were Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short described in 1986?
3. Which comedy classic concerns the underhand practices of Max Bialystock?
4. Woody Allen’s latest. Derek Jarman’s starkest film. A recent, sexually explicit romance. Williams and Gosling bicker. What’s the connection?
5. Identify the actress pictured in later years.
6. Who links David Bailey and Françoise Dorleac with the “beauty of the day”?
7. What links John McClane, Tom Buchanan and Ash?
8. Who, eventually, came next: Sheryl Crow, Garbage, Madonna?
9. What links Bernardo Bertolucci’s The Conformist, Jean-Luc Godard’s Le Mépris and Vittorio De Sica’s Two Women?
10. What is the lowest-grossing movie ever to win best picture at the Oscars?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Saving Mr Banks
2. Three Amigos!
3. The Producers
4. Blue. (Blue Jasmine, Blue, Blue is the Warmest Colour, Blue Valentine)
5. Vivien Leigh in 1961
6. Catherine Deneuve (former husband, sister, literal translation of Belle de Jour)
7. All played by Bruces (Willis in Die Hard, Dern in The Great Gatsby, Campbell in The Evil Dead)
8. Chris Cornell (sung successive Bond themes leading up to Casino Royale)
9. All based on novels by Alberto Moravia
10. The Hurt Locker