Movie quiz for November 22nd
Ich bin ein quizzer. And here is my quiz.
1. Which of this week’s releases concerns the dystopian adventures of Katniss Everdeen?
2. Which film series features roles for Bo Peep, Sarge, Hamm and Rex?
3. Rick Blaine romances Ilsa Lund. Tom Hanks plays an Aids patient. Robert Altman addresses the music industry. What’s the connection?
4. Under what title was the film also known as Duck You Sucka and Once Upon a Time… The Revolution first released in this territory?
5. Who links Felix Ungar, Ensign Pulver and C C Baxter?
6. Name the star pictured in early days.
7. “It’s so beautiful. Let’s live here! We’ll rent to start.” The last line of which 1990s comedy?
8. What links Born Free, Out of Africa, Dances with Wolves and The Lion in Winter?
9. Who’s next: Fernanda Montenegro, Catalina Sandino Moreno, Penélope Cruz, Marion Colillard?
10. A man called Mud, Dirk Diggler, Paul Newman in prison, Tony Manero. What’s the sacred connection?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
2. Toy Story
3. Films named for cities (Casablanca, Philadelphia, Nashville)
4. A Fistful of Dynamite
5. Jack Lemmon (played in The Odd Couple, Mister Roberts, The Apartment)
6. Angela Lansbury
7. Groundhog Day
8. All have (Oscar-nominated) scores by John Barry
9. Emmanuelle Riva (the last five actors to be nominated for a best actress nomination for a role in a foreign language)
10. Forenames of the apostles (Matthew McConaughey, Mark Wahlberg, Cool Hand Luke, John Travolta)