Movie quiz for October 25th
Check under the bed. Close the curtains. It’s a terrifying horror special this week. (Mind you, if you’re terrified by a bleeding quiz you need to see somebody.)
1. Which horror classic finds Jack Torrance going barmy in the Overlook?
2. “If Nancy doesn’t wake up screaming, she won’t wake up at all.” The tagline to which 1984 shocker?
3. What (somewhat belatedly) comes after Night, Dawn and Day?
4. Name the classic horror from the still of its final scene.
5. Which roles link, among many others, Fredric March, Spencer Tracy and John Barrymore?
6. In which horror flick does the devil manifest himself as Pazuzu and Captain Howdy?
7. Vincent Price, Will Smith and Charlton Heston all starred in adaptations of which classic novel?
8. Which horror villain links Nick Castle, William Shatner and Steve Rubell?
9. Who came before Lon Chaney Jr, Bela Lugosi and Glenn Strange?
10. Excerpts from which classic British horror can be heard in the opening bars of Kate Bush’s Hounds of Love?
1. The Shining
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street
3. Land (The “Dead” films of George Romero)
5. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
6. The Exorcist
7. I Am Legend (The Last Man on Earth, I Am Legend, The Omega Man)
8. Michael Myers. (Castle played him in Halloween, in which he famously wore an adapted Shatner mask. Actor Michael Myers played Rubell in 54.)
9. Boris Karloff (actors who played Frankenstein’s creature in the Universal horror films)
10. 1957’s Night of the Demon (“It’s in the trees. It’s coming.”)