Movie Quiz for October 17th
Live from Norwich, it’s the quiz of the week
1. Which two veterans are together at the top of the bill in this week’s Escape Plan?
2. Which Marvel hero is about to encounter The Dark World?
3. In which avant garde classic will you find the pictured creature?
4. Who almost always played Norman Pitkin?
5. What links Jason Voorhees, John Carpenter’s take on Rio Bravo, the Cuban Missile Crisis and the third “Ocean’s” picture?
6. What links 7 Women, Family Plot, Eyes Wide Shut and Rio Lobo?
7. Who’s the odd one out: Francis Ford Coppola, Terence Fisher, Joel Schumacher and Tod Browning?
8. Soviet Submarine: its unkind nickname. Pain cabinet. Half past midnight. What are we talking about?
9. Which franchise, now in its fifth episode, features contributions from Kyle MacLachlan, Samuel L Jackson, Burt Reynolds, Ice-T and Ray Liotta?
10. What connects a British film magazine, a song by the New York Dolls, a Michael Mann film and an LP by David Gray?
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone
4. Norman Wisdom
5. 13 (Friday the 13th, Assault on Precinct 13, Thirteen Days, Ocean’s Thirteen)
6. Last films by distinguished directors (John Ford, Alfred Hitchcock, Stanley Kubrick, Howard Hawks)
7. Joel Schumacher (the rest all directed versions of Dracula, but Joel did direct The Lost Boys).
8. The last three Kathryn Bigelow films (K19: The Widowmaker, The Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty)
9. Grand Theft Auto
10. Films produced by Andy Warhol (Empire, Trash, Heat, Flesh)