Movie quiz for October 11th
A quiz for all seasons
1. Which currently elusive Australian has recently been examined in both The Fifth Estate and We Steal Secrets?
2. Who has been Captain Kirk’s dad, a Norse god and Formula One racing champ?
3. Which 1960s classic follows the grim adventures of Ratso Rizzo and Joe Buck?
4. What links Stephen Frears, Michael Winterbottom, Kieran J Walsh and Alan Parker?
5. Who links Barbara Kwiatkowska-Lass, Sharon Tate and Emmanuelle Seigner?
6. Which British horror, recently back in cinemas, takes place largely on Summerisle?
7. Whose career stretched from 12 Angry Men to Before the Devil Knows Your Dead?
8. Why might Vincent Van Gogh and a 1975 Michelangelo Antonioni film make you think of James Osterberg?
9. Name the director and his screenwriter.
10. “Who will survive and what will be left of them” Tagline to which horror classic?
1. Julian Assange
2. Chris Helmsworth (Star Trek, Thor, Rush)
3. Midnight Cowboy
4. All directed work by Roddy Doyle (The Van, The Family, When Brendan met Trudy, The Commitments)
5. Roman Polanski (his wives)
6. The Wicker Man
7. Director Sidney Lumet
8. Lust for Life (Van Gogh biopic) and The Passenger (the Antonioni film) are also the names of famous songs by Iggy Pop (born James Osterberg)
9. Russ Meyer and (then writing Beyond the Valley of the Dolls) Roger Ebert
10. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.