Movie quiz for October 4th
Vote early, vote often. Then do the quiz.
1. Which film was jointly adapted from the novels The Tower and The Glass Inferno?
2. Which movie star is the wife of Mr Martin and the daughter of Ms Danner?
3. Which much-loved family film ends with the words: “That’ll do, pig. That’ll do.”
4. Which veteran star has released a compilation of electronic chill-out music called Cained?
5. Which Oscar-winning director has, since 1977, released a new film every year aside from 1981?
6. Name the current art-house hit from the still.
7. What links Local Hero, Cal, Wag the Dog and The Princess Bride?
8. Why might Audrey Hepburn, Eddie Murphy and Rex Harrison make you think of an album by The Pixies?
9. Where might you meet Dr Alan Grant, Dr Ellie Sattler and Dr Ian Malcolm?
10. What have Terrence Davies, John Madden, Martin Scorsese and surprisingly few others done?
1. The Towering Inferno
2. Gwyneth Paltrow (Chris Martin and Blythe Danner)
4. Michael Caine
5. Woody Allen
6. The Great Beauty
7. All have scores by Mark Knopfler
8. Played characters called Doolittle (Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady, Dr Doolittle)
9. Jurassic Park (played by Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum)
10. Directed adaptations of Edith Wharton novels (The House of Mirth, Ethan Frome, The Age of Innocence)