Movie Quiz for September 27th
The evenings are drawing in. More time to quiz.
1. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are reuniting for a sequel to which 1994 comedy smash?
2. “My grandfather’s work was doo-doo! I am not interested in death! The only thing that concerns me is the preservation of life!” So says the title character of which Mel Brooks hit?
3. Identify the star in far younger days.
4. Which science fiction classic had the working title Watch the Skies?
5. “The Night HE Came Home” The tagline to which seasonal shocker?
6. Steven Spielberg and the first World War. Billy Bob Thornton’s second film as director. Richard Harris is captured by the Sioux. What’s the connection?
7. Which character was recently described by Stephen King as “one of the most misogynistic characters ever put on film”?
8. What links Leigh Brackett, Lawrence Kasdan, Jonathan Hales and Michael Arendt?
9. The father of which movie star can be heard laughing maniacally on Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon?
10. Why might Steve Buscemi, Michael Shannon and Michael Pitt make you think of a Louis Malle film?
1. Dumb and Dumber
2. Young Frankenstein
3. 20-year-old Judi Dench in 1957
4. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
6. Horses (War Horse, All the Pretty Horses, A Man Called Horse)
7. Wendy (Shelley Duvall) in Stanley Kubrick’s version of King’s The Shining.
8. They are the only people aside from George Lucas to have writing credits on Star Wars films.
9. Naomi Watts (Peter Watts worked for the band)
10. Because they are all in Boardwalk Empire, which is set in Atlantic City, the title of Malle’s 1980 film