Movie quiz for September 20th
Get your quiz hat on and quiz the day away.
1. Which of this week’s releases concerns the fourth child of Viscount Althorpe?
2. Identify the recent film from the giveaway snap?
3. John Landis, Martin Scorsese and Mark Romanek all directed videos for which artist?
4. What links Before Sunrise, The Third Man and The Night Porter?
5. Peter Bogdanovich investigates a mysterious death on a boat. Jane Fonda shoots up the old west. A horror film by Jacques Tourneur that was remade by Paul Schrader. What’s the connection?
6. What links Merle Oberon, Juliette Binoche and Kaya Scodelario?
7. Which film sends (in a sense) Jim Rockford, Josey Wales, Hawkeye Pierce and Sam Gerrard into space?
8. Barbra Streisand and Katharine Hepburn are the only two people to have done what at the Oscars?
9. Which film begins with a King Curtis version of a Procol Harum song?
10. What comes next: Precious, The King’s Speech, Where do we Go Now?, Silver Linings Playbook?
2. Beasts of the Southern Wild
3. Michael Jackson
4. All set in Vienna
5. Cats. (The Cat’s Meow, Cat Ballou, Catpeople)
6. All played Cathy in versions of Wuthering Heights
7. Space Cowboys (James Garner in The Rockford Files, Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales, Donald Sutherland in M*A*S*H, Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive)
8. Tie for best actress (with each other, obviously, in 1969)
9. Withnail and I (Whiter Shade of Pale)
10. 12 Years a Slave (winners of the audience prize at the Toronto Film Festival)