Movie quiz for September 6th
We’re off to see the Quizard!
1. Who links Gollum, King Kong, Ian Brady and Ian Dury?
2. What began with Love Me Tender and ended with Change of Habit?
3. “It’s the hottest day of the summer. You can do nothing, you can do something, or you can…” the giveaway tagline to which influential 1989 flick?
4. Claude Rains in 1933. Kevin Bacon in 2000. Chevy Chase in 1992. What’s the connection?
5. “Did you hear that? They shut down the main reactor. We’ll be destroyed for sure. This is madness.” The first line of which smash?
6. Fierce Creatures (1997) was a “spiritual sequel” to which comedy?
7. Identify the Swedish classic from this famous image.
8. What incident caused the Oscar ceremony to be postponed for 24 hours in 1981?
9. The Birds, Working Girl and – we learned this week – 50 Shades of Grey. What’s the progression?
10. Whose last four credits were on Enchanted, Tooth Fairy, Shrek Forever After and Despicable Me?
1. Andy Serkis (Lord of the Rings series, King Kong, Longford, Sex and Drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll)
2. Elvis Presley’s career as an actor
3. Do the Right Thing
4. Played invisible men (The Invisible Man. Hollow Man. Memoirs of an Invisible Man)
5. Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
6. A Fish Called Wanda
7. Ingmar Bergman’s Persona (Bibi Andersson and Liv Ullmann)
8. The shooting of Ronald Reagan
9. Successive generations of the same family: Tippi Hedren (The Birds) is the mother of Melanie Griffith (Working Girl) who is the mother of Dakota Johnson (50 Shades of Grey).
10. Julie Andrews.