Movie Quiz for August 30th
Let’s get quizzy!
1. Which current hit features a Friends cast member?
2. Robert De Niro (8), Leonardo DiCaprio (5), Harvey Keitel (5), Jodie Foster (2). What are we talking about?
3. Identify the director in his own film.
4. What have Merian C Cooper, John Guillerman and Peter Jackson all done?
5. Which event has taken place at the Roosevelt Hotel, Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, the Ambassador Hotel and the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion?
6. Which film concerns events related to the TV show Southwest General?
7. What distinguishes Renaldo and Clara and Masked and Anonymous?
8. Lawrence Harvey is climbing the social ladder. Jodie Foster is under threat. Helena Bonham Carter is falling in love. In what class of space?
9. Which film features the future Obi-Wan Kenobi, Princess Merida, Sherlock Holmes and Malachy McCourt?
10. What links Frances Hodgson Burnett, Charles Dickens, J K Rowling and P D James?
1. We’re the Millers
2. Number of appearances in Martin Scorsese films
3. Roman Polanski (in Chinatown)
4. All directed versions of King Kong
5. The Oscars
7. The only two films written by Bob Dylan
8. A room. (Room at the Top, Panic Room, Room with a View)
9. Trainspotting (Ewan McGregor in Star Wars, Kelly Macdonald in Brave, Jonny Lee Miller in Elementary, Robert Carlyle in Angela’s Ashes)
10. All wrote books that became films by Alfonso Cuarón (The Little Princess, Great Expectations, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Children of Men)