Movie Quiz for August 23rd
All aboard for the greatest quiz in town
1. What comes after The Temple of Doom and the Last Crusade?
2. Which pornographic film – featured in a current biopic – leant its name to an anonymous source in the Watergate scandal?
3. Which literary snoop has been played on film only by Margaret Rutherford, Angela Lansbury and – most obscurely – Ita Ever?
4. Brian De Palma and Philip Kaufman are the only directors to have made films based on books by which writer?
5. What links a gaming house in Montenegro, a unit of consolation and a house in Scotland?
6. Name the actor pictured as a young star.
7. “Well, then. Now. I’ll begin at the beginning. A fine soft day in the spring, it was, when the train pulled into Castletown.” The first line to which twinkly classic?
8. What distinction is shared by only Beauty and the Beast, Up and Toy Story 3?
9. Which films concerns the affairs of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad?
10. What links May Day, Velma Kelly, Saint Bernadette and Truman Capote?
1. The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Indiana Jones films)
2. Deep Throat
3. Miss Marple
4. Tom Wolfe (The Bonfire of the Vanities and The Right Stuff)
5. The last three James Bond films (Casino Royale, Quantum of Solace, Skyfall)
6. Ryan Gosling
7. The Quiet Man
8. Animated films that have been nominated for best-picture Oscar.
9. Kill Bill parts I and II.
10. All played by Jones. (Grace Jones in A View to a Kill, Catherine Zeta-Jones in Chicago, Jennifer Jones in Song for Bernadette, Toby Jones in Infamous.