Movie quiz for August 16th
We’re sorted for ease and quiz
1. Which 1980 classic addresses the turbulent life of Jake La Motta?
2. Identify the film from the still.
3. Why might Harry Potter, Abraham Lincoln and the current James Bond make you think of an Elton John hit?
4. Who links Martin Riggs, Fletcher Christian and Max Rockatansky?
5. What connects an early David Lynch film with Gus Van Sant’s Palme d’Or winner and a recent Robert Pattinson film?
6. “Sing it out, men! Higher, you animals, higher! We open in Leavenworth Saturday night!” The last line of which 1968 comedy?
7. What links Das Boot, Fanny and Alexander and The Godfather parts I and II?
8. What have (somewhat astonishingly) Robert Altman, Joel Schumacher, Francis Ford Coppola, Alan J Pakula and Sydney Pollack all done?
9. What do Die Hard 4.0, Harold and Kumar Get the Munchies, Waking Ned and A Matter of Life and Death all have in common?
10. At 103, who is believed to be the oldest living Oscar winner?
1. Raging Bull
2. Wings of Desire
3. Daniel Radcliffe, Daniel Day-Lewis and Daniel Craig played those parts. The song is “Daniel”.
4. Mel Gibson (Lethal Weapon, Mutiny on the Bounty, Mad Max)
5. Elephants (The Elephant Man, Elephant, Water for Elephants)
6. The Producers
7. They were all screened as TV miniseries.
8. Directed adaptations of John Grisham books (The Gingerbread Man, The Client and A Time to Kill, The Rainmaker, The Pelican Brief, The Firm)
9. They all had different titles in the US (Live Free or Die Hard, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, Waking Ned Devine, Stairway to Heaven)
10. Luise Rainer (best actress winner for The Great Ziegfeld and The Good Earth)