Movie quiz for August 2nd
Silly season is officially upon us. Fight back with some serious quizzing.
1. Which little blue creatures return for their second outing this week?
2. Who comes next: Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney?
3. Identify the actor beneath all that make-up.
4. What connects a Disney classic from 1950, a Hilary Duff vehicle from 2004 and a Russell Crowe picture from 2005?
5. What’s wrong with Two Weeks’ Notice, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? And The 40-Year-Old Virgin?
6. Which British actor’s autobiography was called Tall, Dark and Gruesome?
7. What begins with “Little Green Bag” and ends with “Coconut”?
8. In which film will you encounter actors who also played Rupert Pupkin, Fredo Corleone, Julia Child and Duane Hall?
9. Why might Humphrey Bogart’s character in The Maltese Falcon and Donald Pleasence’s character in Halloween speak the title of a 2001 Sean Penn picture?
10. Kew, Hanging or Botanic. Edward of Caernarfon. Author of Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus. Between violet and green. Whose last four?
1. The Smurfs
2. Christian Bale (as Batman)
3. Dustin Hoffman in Little Big Man (1970)
4. Cinderella (Cinderella, A Cinderella Story, Cinderella Man)
5. They are all grammatically correct, whereas the titles were rendered with errors on release: Two Weeks Notice. Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The 40-Year Old Virgin
6. Christopher Lee
7. Reservoir Dogs
8. The Deer Hunter (Robert De Niro in The King of Comedy, John Cazale in The Godfather, Meryl Streep in Julie & Julia, Christopher Walken in Annie Hall)
9. Because they are both called Sam (Spade and Loomis) and the Penn film is I Am Sam
10. Derek Jarman (The Garden, Edward II, Wittgenstein, Blue)