Movie Quiz for July 26th
Autumn is round the corner. Season of quiz and mellow fruitfulness
1. “The plane’s going to Chicago. The pilot’s going to New York. The passengers are going to pieces!” The tagline to which comedy classic?
2. Which animated film follows the adventures of Remy and Lunguini?
3. Which star was identified as “Big Leggy” by Haysi Fantayzee in 1982?
4. Who, this week, plays a larger class of weasel for the sixth time?
5. Which Norfolk man is about to appear “in Alpha Papa”?
6. Why might a buttery encounter with Marlon Brando and time-traveller Owen Wilson make you think of The Hottie and the Nottie?
7. Which film featured actors who also played Rooster Cogburn, Maddie Hayes, Chris MacNeil and Phyllis Lindstrom?
8. What links Sherilyn Fenn, Helena Bonham Carter and Lindsay Lohan?
9. Name the actress in a rare picture from middle age.
10. A Chiwetel Ejiofor film that became a Broadway musical. A 1991 Pedro Almodóvar film. Robert Redford is a computer hacker. Kurt Russell actually is a computer. What’s the connection?
3. John Wayne
4. Hugh Jackman (The Wolverine)
5. Alan Partridge
6. Marlon Brando was depraved in Last Tango in Paris. Owen Wilson travelled through time in Midnight in Paris. Paris Hilton was the star of The Hottie and the Nottie.
7. The Last Picture Show (Jeff Bridges in True Grit, Cybil Shepherd in Moonlighting, Ellen Burstyn in The Exorcist and Cloris Leachman in The Mary Tyler Moore Show)
8. They’ve all played Elizabeth Taylor in TV films (Liz: The Elizabeth Taylor Story, Liz & Dick, Burton & Taylor)
9. Greta Garbo
10. All features footwear in their titles (Kinky Boots, High Heels, Sneakers, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes)