Film quiz for July 19th
Too hot? Cool down with some lemonade or, perhaps, some quizenade. That doesn’t work.
1. Which current hit follows Mike and Sulley through college?
2. “I’m 36 years old, I love my family, I love baseball and I’m about to become a farmer. But until I heard the voice, I’d never done a crazy thing in my whole life.” Opening line to which modern classic?
3. Which of this week’s releases ends the so-called “Cornetto Trilogy”?
4. The soundtrack LP to which perennially popular film features tracks entitled “Flight from Peru”, “Desert Chase” and “The Miracle of the Ark”?
5. Name the director in the photo.
6. What links Zack Snyder, James McTeigue, the Hughes brothers and Stephen Norrington?
7. What comes next: The Son, The Child, Lorna’s Silence?
8. Which 1990s comedy smash features a running musical commentary by the untouchable Jonathan Richman?
9. Who was born Caryn Elaine Johnson in 1955?
10. What have Steven Spielberg, Bernardo Bertolucci, Roland Emmerich and Wong Kar Wai all done?
1. Monsters University
2. Field of Dreams
3. The World’s End
4. Raiders of the Lost Ark
5. Jane Campion
6. They all directed films based in comics written by Alan Moore (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, From Hell, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
7. The Kid with the Bike (films by the Dardennes brothers)
8. There’s Something About Mary
9. Whoopi Goldberg
10. Directed films named for years (1941, 1900, 2012, 2046)