Movie Quiz for July 12th
It’s the 12th of July. Time to march towards your favourite quiz.
1. The alter-ego of which beast has recently been played by Mark Ruffalo, Ed Norton and Eric Bana?
2. Which band featured such lesser members as John “Stumpy” Pepys, Eric “Stumpy Joe” Childs, Peter “James” Bond and Ronnie Pudding?
3. Which of this week’s new releases sees the world attacked by giant monsters named “Kaiju”?
4. What links a 1958 Hitchcock film, a 1971 John Schlesinger film and a 1986 David Cronenberg film?
5. Name the director in the photo.
6. Which film (according to notes left by the director) might have been titled The Doomsday Machine, Dr Doomsday and His Nuclear Women or Don’t Knock the Bomb?
7. Which role has been played by Boris Karloff, Christopher Lee, Lon Chaney Jr and Arnold Vosloo?
8. Peter Brook and Harry Hook are the only two people to have directed feature adaptations of work by which Nobel laureate?
9. Which is the highest grossing film this year that is neither a sequel nor a remake?
10. Nicolas Roeg, David Hemmings, Nagisha Oshima and Tony Scott were the first four directors to do what?
1. The Hulk
2. Spinal Tap
3. Pacific Rim
4. They share their titles with those of U2 songs (Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Fly)
5. John Waters
6. Dr Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
7. The Mummy
8. William Golding (the two versions of Lord of the Flies)
9. The Croods
10. Direct films featuring performances by David Bowie (The Man Who Fell to Earth, Just a Gigolo, Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, The Hunger).