Movie Quiz for July 5th
It’s the most glamorous quiz in town. It’s Quiz Taylor!
1. The first – or fourth – part of what sequence offers, apparently, “A New Hope”?
2. Which Francis Ford Coppola film is based in a Joseph Conrad novella?
3. Identify the classic anime from the still.
4. “Three Million human lives ended on August 29th, 1997.” The unsatisfactorily prophetic opening line to which sequel?
5. Which movie star began life as Diane Hall?
6. Michael Caine is a Nazi. Sean Penn and Timothy Hutton are traitors. A Bruce Willis flop from 1991. What’s the connection?
7. The soundtrack album to which current smash features tracks with (witty) titles such as “Sub Prime Directive”, “Warp Core Values” and “Buying the Space Farm”?
8. The shortest, from 1929, was 15 minutes. The longest, from 2002, was four hours and 23 minutes. What are we talking about?
9. Who lived at Childwickbury Manor in Hertfordshire for the last few decades of his life?
10. Who are Lou Jean Poplin, Martin Brody and Ray Neary?
1. Star Wars
2. Apocalypse Now (based on Heart of Darkness)
3. Spirited Away
4. Terminator 2: Judgement Day
5. Diane Keaton
6. Birds of prey (The Eagle Has Landed, The Falcon and the Snowman, Hudson Hawk)
7. Star Trek Into Darkness
8. Oscar ceremonies
9. Stanley Kubrick
10. The protagonists of Steven Spielberg’s first three theatrical features (The Sugarland Express, Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind)