Movie Quiz For June 28th
Forget the tennis. Here’s the quiz that matters.
1. What did Eliot find hiding in the tool shed?
2. Which film will, this week, bring back the minions called “the Minions”?
3. Woody Allen’s first directorial credit. Ang Lee’s millennial wuxia. Joel Schumacher’s millennial Vietnam drama. John Boorman’s Irish satire. What’s the connection?
4. Stinky Pete in Toy Story 2. John Dean in Nixon. Diane’s dad in Say Anything. Which family?
5. What links Jeremy Irons in 1994 and Al Pacino in 1983?
6. Which film concerned the public meltdown of Howard Beale?
7. Name the impeccable cad in the photo.
8. Idris Elba is about to join Morgan Freeman and Sidney Poitier in doing what?
9. Who, somewhat prematurely, told the audience at the Oscars that “the British are coming” in 1981?
10. Whose extremely low-budget debut feature is called It’s Impossible to Learn to Plow by Reading Books?
2. Despicable Me 2
3. Tigers (What’s Up, Tiger Lily?, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Tigerland, The Tiger’s Tale)
4. The Cranes from Frasier (Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde Pierce, John Mahoney)
5. Scars (Scar in The Lion King, Scarface)
6. Network (1976)
7. George Sanders
8. Playing Nelson Mandela (Long Walk to Freedom, Invictus, Mandela and de Klerk)
9. Colin Welland, writer of Chariots of Fire
10. Richard Linklater (in 1988)