Movie Quiz for June 14th
There’s no quizness like show-quizness.
1. “Spartans, tonight, we dine in hell!” The giveaway tagline to which 2006 epic?
2. What links Letter to Brezhnev, Shirley Valentine, Distant Voices, Still Lives and The 51st State?
3. Name the actor in his younger days?
4. By what names are Bufford T Justice and Bo Darville better known?
5. What begins with The Householder in 1963 and ended with The White Countess in 2005?
6. “Every night I cut out my heart. But in the morning it was full again.” Which 1990s Oscar-winner?
7. What links The Yellow Rolls Royce, The Red Violin, Dead of Night and Dr Terror and his House of Horrors?
8. What distinction is held by Playing for Keeps and The Gnomes’ Great Adventure (and only those two films)?
9. The story of Chess Records. Robin Williams and Tim Robbins fall out. Clint Eastwood and Bernadette Peters link up. How are we travelling?
10. John Freeman’s pioneering chat show. A New Order B-side. A Michael Fassbender film. A song by the Cranberries. What’s the (very tricky) connection?
2. All set in Liverpool.
3. John Wayne
4. Smokey and the Bandit.
5. The film-making partnership of director James Ivory and producer Ismail Merchant.
6. The English Patient
7. All portmanteau (or anthology) films
8. The only films directed by Harvey Weinstein
9. In a Cadillac (Cadillac Records, Cadillac Man, Pink Cadillac)
10. Share their names with Ingmar Bergman films (Face to Face, Cries and Whispers, Shame, Dreams)