Movie Quiz for June 7th
The sun is out. Time to stay indoors and quiz.
1. Which director is – for the second time this year – releasing his “last ever film”?
2. Name the silent comic with the big gun.
3. The characters from which animated favourite are about to go to university?
4. What links Margot Kidder, Kate Bosworth and (shortly) Amy Adams?
5. Cassavetes directs Timberlake. Heston is the last man on earth. Aronofsky’s first. Mrs Douglas. What’s the connection?
6. Masters of slapstick. George Cooney fights the first Gulf War. Krzysztof Kieslowski’s great sequence. Martin, Chase and Short visit Mexico. What’s the connection?
7. John, Keith and Martha: successive generations of which dynasty?
8. Which smash was inspired by a New York Magazine article called “Tribal Rites of the New Saturday Night”?
9. Elegy for Love, Our Music, Socialism, Goodbye to Language. Whose most recent features?
10. Which director has remade films by Michael Curtiz, Edward Dmytryk and Jean-Pierre Melville?
1. Steven Soderbergh
2. Buster Keaton
3. Monsters Inc
4. They have all played Lois Lane in Superman films
5. Letters in the Greek alphabet (Alpha Dog, The Omega Man, Pi, Catherine Zeta Jones)
6. Three. (The Three Stooges, Three Kings, Three Colours, Three Amigos!)
7. Carradines. (Martha — daughter of Keith, granddaughter of John — is known to us as Martha Plimpton.)
8. Saturday Night Fever
9. Jean-Luc Godard
10. Neil Jordan (We’re No Angels, The End of the Affair, The Good Thief)