Cannes film Quiz for May 24th
They’ve all gone Cannes-mad, Ted. Even the quiz is about that blasted festival
1. What film event ends this Sunday and provides the hook for our quiz this week?
2. Who appears as Liberace in one of this year’s most publicised entries?
3. Lars Von Trier, Bob Fosse and Jacques Demy are the last three directors to win the Palme d’Or for which type of film?
4. What came next: Blindness, Up, Robin Hood, Midnight in Paris, Moonrise Kingdom?
5. Which winner of the Palme d’Or reads as 4 Luni, 3 Saptamâni si 2 Zile in its own language?
6. Name the stars in this year’s Cannes poster.
7. Who was the last director to win the Palme d’Or for a second time?
8. Who is only woman to have won the Palme d’Or?
9. What was the last documentary to win the Palme d’Or?
10. Three sets of brothers have directed films that won the Palme d’Or. Name them.
1. The Cannes Film Festival
2. Michael Douglas (Behind the Candelabra)
3. Musicals (Dancer in the Dark, All That Jazz, Les parapluies de Cherbourg)
4. The Great Gatsby (opening films at Cannes)
5. 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 days
6. Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman
7. Michael Haneke (in 2012)
8. Jane Campion
9. Fahrenheit 9/11
10. The Coens, The Tavianis and The Dardennes (though pedants will point out that Barton Fink was officially directed only by Joel Coen)