Movie Quiz for May 17th
We’re in Cannes. But we haven’t forgotten quiz fans. Here’s the head-stretching skinny
1. Which noisy car-related series reaches its sixth episode this week?
2. Identify the director on a desolate set.
3. Which 1995 film was adapted from The Sheep Pig by Dick King-Smith?
4. “Don’t Answer The Phone. Don’t Open The Door. Don’t Try To Escape.” The tagline to which horror hit?
5. “Filming must be done on location. Props and sets must not be brought in.” The first rule of which famous (notorious?) manifesto?
6. “Early in the 21st Century, THE TYRELL CORPORATION advanced robot evolution into the NEXUS phase.” The first line of the script to which classic?
7. What links Verona Beach, Boulevard de Clichy, Faraway Downs and West Egg?
8. What links Ran (1985), My Kingdom (2002) and A Thousand Acres (1977)?
9. First commercially released Mickey Mouse cartoon. Pattinson and Witherspoon travel with a menagerie. The adventures of Manny the mammoth. The three states of what?
10. Which two films currently tie for the most number of Oscar nominations? (And, for an extra point, how many?)
1. Fast and Furious
2. Ridley Scott
5. Dogme ‘95
6. Blade Runner
7. Principal locations of the last four Baz Luhrmann films (Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge!, Australia, The Great Gatsby.
8. All derived from William Shakespeare’s King Lear.
9. Water (Steamboat Willie, Water for Elephants, Ice Age)
10. All About Eve and Titanic (14)