Movie Quiz for May 10th
Chocks away. It’s quiz time down at the Irish Times corral.
1. Which of this week’s releases is, according to your view, either the 12th or the second in a series?
2. Which animated character is named for the second man on the moon?
3. Identify the star in battledress.
4. Diner, Hairspray, The Accidental Tourist, Red Dragon. Where are we?
5. Tom Hanks is a screw. Ryan Reynolds fights crime in a silly suit. Seth Rogen fights crime in a hat. It’s made from people! What’s the connection?
6. Vienna (1995), Paris (2004), Greece (2013). What’s the connection?
7. Thomas Alfredson, Fernando Meirelles and John Boorman are the last people to do what?
8. “It’s a sunny, woodsy day in Lumberton, so get those chainsaws out.” The first words heard in which film?
9. What connects Anaheim, Lake Buena Vista, Urayasu and Marne-la-Vallée (in that order)?
10. Here Comes the Groom (1951), A Hole in the Head (1959), Pocketful of Miracles (1961). Whose last three?
1. Star Trek Into Darkness
2. Buzz Lightyear
3. Sean Connery (in The Longest Day)
5. “Green” movies (The Green Mile, The Green Lantern, The Green Hornet, Soylent Green)
6. Locations for Richard Linklater’s Before Sunrise, Before Sunset and, coming soon, Before Midnight
7. Direct adaptations of John le Carré novels (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Constant Gardner, The Tailor of Panama)
8. Blue Velvet
9. Locations of Disney theme parks (Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Paris)
10. Frank Capra