Movie Quiz for May 3rd
Slightly late, it’s the quiz the whole world is talking about. Watch out! Answers below.
1. Which of this week’s releases takes its title from a Pointer Sisters song?
2. Which 2004 film featured North Korea’s Kim Jong-Il as its mastermind baddie?
3. Who was born as Alicia Christian Foster in November 1962?
4. Identify the film from its nifty poster.
5. “As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again.” The last line before the interval in which epic?
6. Who has played Humbert Humbert, Charles Swann and Franz Kafka?
7. What links None But the Brave (1965), WE (2011), Renaldo and Clara (1978) and True Stories (1986)?
8. What have Baz Luhrmann, Jack Clayton, David Fincher and Elia Kazan all done?
9. What links Rob Cohen, John Singleton and Justin Lin?
10. Why might Robin Moore, Poughkeepsie and a straw hat make you think of a clothing store?
1. I’m So Excited
2. Team America: World Police
3. Jodie Foster
5. Gone With the Wind
6. Jeremy Irons (Lolita, Swann in Love, Kafka)
7. All directed by popular singers (Frank Sinatra, Madonna, Bob Dylan, David Byrne)
8. Directed adaptations of F Scott Fitzgerald’s work: The Great Gatsby (2013), The Great Gatsby (1974), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Last Tycoon
9. Directors of films in the Fast and Furious franchise
10. They are all linked with The French Connection (author of source book, referenced in famous quote by Gene Hackman, left in back of car as signal to other cops)