Movie Quiz for April 26th
This week’s quiz springs all the usual surprises. Scroll with caution. Answers below.
1. Who, according to Bananarama, was “waiting”?
2. “Greed, for lack of a better word, is good.” The anti-hero of which 1980s film?
3. Identify the film from its poster.
4. Who has played the Cheshire Cat, Mycroft Holmes and The Book?
5. Trembles. Suffering from Hydrophobia. Racy friends. The litter. Whose first?
6. Who was detained at the following address: “P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney”?
7. Who are Tiffany, Hushpuppy, Maya, Anne and Maria?
8. Who (it has been legally determined after many hearings) wrote “The James Bond Theme”?
9. Which is (temporally speaking) the odd one out: The Wizard of Oz, Stagecoach, Rules of the Game, The Third Man, Gone with the Wind?
10. What links Susan Seidelman, Jim Goddard and James Foley?
1. Robert De Niro
2. Wall Street
3. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
4. Stephen Fry (Alice in Wonderland, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)
5. David Cronenberg (Shivers, Rabid, Fast Company, The Brood)
6. Nemo from Finding Nemo
7. Characters played by this year’s best actress Oscar nominees (Jennifer Lawrence, Quvenzhané Wallis, Jessica Chastain, Emmanuelle Riva and Naomi Watts)
8. Monty Norman
9. The Third Man. The rest were released in 1939, a famously golden year for cinema. The Third Man emerged 10 years later.
10. They directed the first three films starring Madonna (Desperately Seeking Susan, Shanghai Surprise, Who’s that Girl?).