Movie quiz for April 19th
Everyone’s favourite movie quiz teases the grey matter with another series of connections and left-field trivia.
1. Who connects an Elton John song, JFK’s birthday and an Andy Warhol silkscreen?
2. What are the only two films to have made more than $2 billion worldwide?
3. Identify the hit film from its lovely Polish poster.
4. Raised by Thatcher. Proprietor of the New York Inquirer. At home in Xanadu. Which anti-hero?
5. Who has won the most Oscars for best original screenplay?
6. Fearful Common. A dairy product. Agitated. Territory supposedly gifted the Israelites by God. Whose most recent work?
7. Which film (and subsequent stage musical) related the adventures of Elle Woods?
8. Frank Oz, Brian Henson, Tim Hill and James Bobin are the last four film-makers to have done what?
9. Who is allegedly two thirds of the way through his “Depression Trilogy”?
10. What links The First Great Train Robbery, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, Johnny Got His Gun and Tough Guys Don’t Dance?
1. Marilyn Monroe
2. Avatar and Titanic
4. Charles Foster Kane from Citizen Kane
5. Woody Allen
6. Gus Van Sant (Paranoid Park, Milk, Restless, Promised Land)
7. Legally Blonde
8. Directed theatrically released Muppet features
9. Lars Von Trier (Antichrist and Melancholia)
10. All directed by the authors of the source novels (Michael Crichton, Rebecca Miller, Dalton Trumbo, Norman Mailer).