Movie Quiz for April 12th
There are hairpins galore in the quiz everyone loves. Answers below. Scroll with caution.
1. Who has been Iron Man, Sherlock Holmes and – though you might have missed it – The Singing Detective?
2. Which film, currently celebrating its 20th anniversary, held the top spot at the all-time box-office for five years?
3. “In August, 1972, Sonny Wortzik robbed a bank. Two hundred and fifty cops, the FBI, 8 hostages and 2,000 onlookers will never forget what took place.” The very informative tagline to which 1970s classic?
4. Name the agitated actor.
5. What links Steve Zissou, Daniel Plainview and Alice, slayer of zombies?
6. Which early Peter Jackson film was banned by the Irish censor (as he then still was)?
7. Who links On the Road, Cosmopolis and Abduction?
8. Who connects actresses Jeanne Moreau and Lesley-Anne Down, journalist Kelly Lange and studio executive Sherry Lansing?
9. Louis Malle’s Ascenseur pour l’échafaud (aka Frantic, 1958) featured the only original score written and performed for a theatrical drama by which immortal musician?
10. What links Lover Come Back, I’ll Never Forget What’s'isname, Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter and What Women Want?
1. Robert Downey Jr
2. Jurassic Park
3. Dog Day Afternoon
4. Tom Hardy (in Bronson)
5 They all appeared in films directed by Andersons (Wes Anderson’s The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Paul Thomas Anderson’s There Will be Blood, Paul W Anderson’s Resident Evil.
6. Meet the Feebles (1991)
7. Star of the weird love triangle from Twilight (Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner)
8. They are the many wives of William Friedkin.
9. Miles Davis
10. All concern advertising executives.