Movie Quiz for April 5th
Strain your brain with another collection of dubious connections and mindless trivia. Scroll carefully. Answers below.
1. Which superstar received his “Certificate of Irish Ancestry” this week?
2. Which classic ends with “Well, nobody’s perfect”?
3. Identify the actor beneath the tentacles.
4. It was, this week, confirmed that the sequel to which film is to be named Finding Dory?
5. Wise, Meyer, Nimoy, Nimoy. Who’s next?
6. A type of Ford. “Undefeated” in Latin. What follows death. Anagram of “red jag”. Whose most recent?
7. Scored by Moroder. Influenced by Bresson. Produced by Bruckheimer. Co-starring Hutton. Which quintessential 1980s movie?
8. George Sluizer, Takashi Shimizu, Ole Bornedal and Michael Haneke have all done what?
9. What’s missing: Milk, Mystic River, Sweet and Lowdown, I Am Sam?
10. In what English-language film will you find the following line spoken in French: “Let me inhale, for a long time, for a long time, the odour of your hair”?
1. Tom Cruise
2. Some Like It Hot
3. Bill Nighy (in some Pirates of the Caribbean film or other)
4. Finding Nemo
5. Shatner (directors of the first five Star Trek movies)
6. Clint Eastwood (Gran Torino, Invictus, Hereafter, J Edgar)
7. American Gigolo (Giorgio, Robert, Jerry, Lauren)
8. Remade their own films in English (The Vanishing, The Grudge, Nightwatch, Funny Games)
9. Dead Man Walking (films for which Sean Penn has received an Oscar nomination)
10. Withnail and I. (On the hillside Monty intones: “’Laisse-moi respirer longtemps, longtemps, l’odeur de tes cheveux.’ Ah, Beaudelaire!”