Movie Quiz for March 29th
Live from Norwich, it’s the quiz of the week. Fun for all the family while the pubs are closed.
1. What begins and ends with The Sound of Silence?
2. Which recent hit concerned the incorrigible daughter of King Fergus and Queen Elinor?
3. Which 1970s comedy concerns goings on at Delta House in Faber College?
4. A gown worn by Princess Diana while dancing with a movie star in 1985 sold last week for £365,000. Who was the star?
5. Name the actor in the snap.
6. What connects The Postman Always Rings Twice, Mildred Pierce, Butterfly, Double Indemnity and (unofficially) Luchino Visconti’s Ossesione?
7. Ben Stiller deals with living exhibits. George Romero’s debut. Steve Carell and Tina Fey are on the town. Why are you thinking of The Sixth Sense?
8. Where might you recently have heard Jim Croce, John Legend, Rick Ross and Ennio Morricone?
9. What role has been played by Tim Curry, Charlton Heston and Chistoph Waltz?
10. What’s missing: Chasing Ice, Life of Pi, Les Misérables and Ted?
1. The Graduate
3. Animal House
4. John Travolta
5. Bruce Campbell
6. All from novels by James M Cain (Ossesione is an unofficial version of The Postman Always Rings Twice).
7. Because they are all “night” films and M Night Shyamalan directed the Sixth Sense (Night at the Museum, Night of the Living Dead, Date Night)
8. On the soundtrack to Django Unchained.
9. Cardinal Richelieu in various version of The Three Museketeers.
10. Skyfall (nominees for best song at this year’s Oscars)