Movie Quiz for March 15th
This week’s quiz features the usual round of twisty conundra, cheap connections and absolute gifts. Still on the blog, it’s the famous, much requested quiz of the week.
1. Quinto is to Nimoy as Pine is to… whom?
2. “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn’t exist.” A quote from which twisty 1995 flick?
3. Name the actor in the fetching crown.
4. Which foursome links a 1991 Oliver Stone film, a 1995 Kathryn Bigelow film and a 1979 Francis Ford Coppola film?
5. Which film follows Eddie Valliant’s investigations in Toontown?
6. Who took the credit for Trash, Empire, Flesh for Frankenstein and Blood for Dracula?
7. Who links (in this order) Bill, Jack, Daniel, Guido and Abraham?
8. Which singer and occasional actor made his last two appearances to date in Bandslam and SpongeBob SquarePants?
9. Which comic classic ends with “Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life, at last I’ve found you”?
10. Who was a chimpanzee doctor, Stanley’s long-suffering wife, and the last woman to (it seems at first) speak with squadron leader Peter Carter?
1. Shatner (actors in Star Trek)
2. The Usual Suspects
3. Orson Welles (in Macbeth)
4. The Doors (The Doors, Strange Days named for a Doors song, Apocalypse Now begins and ends with The End)
5. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
6. Andy Warhol
7. Daniel Day-Lewis (characters played in Gangs of New York, The Ballad of Jack and Rose, There Will be Blood, Nine and Lincoln)
8. David Bowie
9. Young Frankenstein
10. Kim Hunter (Planet of the Apes, A Streetcar Named Desire, A Matter of Life and Death)