This week’s quiz
The weekly film quiz from The Ticket, missing in action for a few weeks, makes a rare appearance in Screenwriter
Apologies for any irritation caused, but we have had a few problems getting the movie quiz online over the last few weeks. This week’s edition appears to have got snagged in the redesign. A small deluge (if that is not an oxymoron) of complaints suggests that people are still gratifyingly keen on this diversion. Here, then, is the quiz for March 9th. The answers are beneath. So spool down with caution.
1. Which recent film follows the adventures a character from the video game Fix-It Felix, Jr?
2. “As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster.” The first line of which classic?
3. Name the suave actor in the snap above.
4. Which director (allegedly) releases his last ever film for the cinema this week?
5. Who links Diahnne Abbott and Grace Hightower?
6. “Does for rock and roll what The Sound of Music did for hills.” The tagline to which 1980s gem?
7. Who was born as Catherine Fabienne Dorléac in 1943?
8. On what street might you find a dead monkey, Max Von Mayerling and an Isotta Fraschini Tipo 8A motorcar?
9. Who’s missing: Peter Webber, Michael Mann, Jonathan Demme?
10. Why might Indiana Jones be wary of Mr Plissken and Ka?
1. Wreck It Ralph
3. Martin Landau
4. Steven Soderbergh
5. Robert De Niro (former and current wife)
6. This is Spinal Tap
7. Catherine Deneuve
8. Sunset Blvd (all register in the film of that name)
9. Ridley Scott (directors who have made Hannibal Lecter movies)
10. He was afraid of snakes. (Snake Plissken from Escape from New York; the snake in The Jungle Book)