11 things I learned this weekend
(1) Belvedere House in Co Westmeath is a fantastic location for a festival. Maybe this is where Latitude and Bestival will be held when they come in 2008? (2) Gillian Welch rocks. Her performance at the Midlands Festival yesterday was …
(4) Tipperary were shocking. And I’m not even going to mention Eoin Kelly’s ridiculous showboating when he came on as a sub or that stupid sideline cut which cost us the game.
(5) Jose Gonzalez is a lovely man. His forthcoming album “In Our Nature” is gorgeous and not just that cover version of Massive Attack’s “Teardrop”.
(6) MIA’s “Paper Planes” is the boom tune of the summer.
(7) The patron saint of Irish blogging is also a dab hand at the aul’ music and movie reviewing.
(8) The best way to deal with muddy car-parks and fields is big bales of straw.
(10) Thanks to the wonder of DVD, I finally get all the fuss about Life On Mars.