• irishtimes.com - Posted: May 12, 2010 @ 1:30 pm

Assassin’s Creed to get multiplayer option

Ciara O'Brien

Assassin’s Creed fans will be pleased to see that the game is finally getting a multiplayer mode, with the arrival of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood later this year.

The title will feature Ezio from Assassi’s Creed II, who is now a master assassin and is still fighting against the Templar Order. Next target on the list is Rome, where he has a whole heap of corrupt tyrants to bring down.

The multiplayer mode allows players to line out for the Templars, using Abstergo to train in the art of assassination to try to eliminate the assassins for good.

More information here

• dealga says:

Got AC2 for Christmas and have managed about 5 hours playing time since. Its control system is dreadful.

• Ciara says:

Really? What format? I have to say it’s one of my favourite games at the moment.

• kynos says:

I’m still waiting for Duke Nukem Forever.

• Ciara says:

It’s funny because out of all the games I could have taken for a week while access to my games library is temporarily disrupted, AC2 was it.

• Fergal says:

Coming from a man who sold his xbox because it was seriously eating into my life i recall Assassin’s Creed (the original) as being one of my favourites. The release of the sequel has made me reconsider my foolish sale and i could be back in the market before long. I think a multiplayer idea is fun but as a single-player the game is awesome. You really feel like it’s just you against the whole goddam conspiracy.

• dealga says:

Oh yeah, and the stupid map that makes it look like you’ve reached your objective but it’s actually a 30 second run around buildings away.

• dealga says:

PS3. Granted I had become incredibly used to GTA4 but I’d say I spent half my first few hours pausing and rechecking the controls. I was bashing the buttons like a 10 year old playing Street Fighter. Just got hacked off eventually with that and the nothing happening opening missions