Rosemary Mac Cabe

Hemlines, heels and haute couture – your daily dose

Diary date: January 5th and 6th, Covet’s massive January sale

If you didn’t know, Covet is the “borrower’s boudoir” upstairs in the Powerscourt Town Centre – basically a dress rental shop with the most beautiful, high-end gowns you have ever seen, available to rent for a very special occasion. Now …

Sat, Dec 22, 2012, 15:30

   

If you didn’t know, Covet is the “borrower’s boudoir” upstairs in the Powerscourt Town Centre – basically a dress rental shop with the most beautiful, high-end gowns you have ever seen, available to rent for a very special occasion. Now I should throw in this disclaimer: I’m not a renter. I don’t like paying €100-odd to temporarily own a dress, when I could spend €100-odd and permanently own one, even if I might only wear that dress once (my mind doesn’t make sense, I know).

But when Covet has a sale, you can bet your bottom dollah I’m going to be there, checking out what bargains are to be had in gowns by big names such as Miu Miu, Temperley and Rachel Gilbert. These lovelies are on sale at up to 95% off (and yes, that really means nothing – one dress could be 95% off while the rest are reduced by 5%) – basically it means you have a strong chance of getting a stunning designer dress at a great price. The pic above is an example of what you can expect, with dresses by (from left to right) Badgley Mischka, Rachel Gilbert and Vionnet.

But be warned: while these are at a fraction of their original price, you’re unlikely to walk away with change from €300. But for someone looking for that show-stopping dress for a wedding / black-tie event etc, this could be your saving grace!

Have you ever borrowed an outfit for something?

Sign In

Forgot Password?

Sign Up

The name that will appear beside your comments.

Have an account? Sign In

Forgot Password?

Please enter your email address so we can send you a link to reset your password.

Sign In or Sign Up

Thank you

You should receive instructions for resetting your password. When you have reset your password, you can Sign In.

Hello, .

Please choose a screen name. This name will appear beside any comments you post. Your screen name should follow the standards set out in our community standards.

Thank you for registering. Please check your email for the activation code.

We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Standards. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or by filling out this form. New comments are only accepted for 10 days from the date of publication.