Things I’m loving . . .
So I know, I know, I’ve been out of commission. Seriously so much going on at the moment, lots of which I will share with you this week so you can partake of the thrills and spills of my fashion …
So I know, I know, I’ve been out of commission. Seriously so much going on at the moment, lots of which I will share with you this week so you can partake of the thrills and spills of my fashion rollercoaster (yeah, right!) but for now it’s time for a new series: things I’m loving*!
1. These skateboards via STOP IT RIGHT NOW. Seriously, have you seen anything more amazing? I showed them to a friend the other day and she says, “well, what are they? Skateboards?” And I say, “yes, they’re skateboards”. And she looks momentarily baffled, before: “Do you even skate?” So I say, or, really, shout: “NO! But they are CELINE skateboards! CELINE!” She still didn’t get it.
You can order them from Jayne directly and, including postage to Ireland, they will set you back around $120. Which is pretty darn good, if you ask me. But hurry, these babies are selling out fast!
2. Sandra’s dalmatian print nail wraps. You can buy them here for £7 – they are so gorgeous and dalmatian is truly the print of the season, if not next season too. I may even do a whole article about it. Dalmatian print RULZ OKAY.
4. My new makeover. Am I allowed to say that? I have one particular spammy commenter who I’m sure is going to rock up right about now and tell me to get over myself, but I don’t care. I think I look like a curly-haired Japanese manga character and that is awesome, in my book. I went into the good folk in Brown Sugar last week and they made me over. Thanks to Gok Wan at Specsavers for the spex appeal.
5. Afternoon tea at Browns Bar & Cafe by Carton House at Brown Thomas. My regular complaint about afternoon tea is that it’s too big; this one is not only perfectly sized (three finger sandwiches, a scone, a slice of tea brack and a tiny cake) but it is really good value at around €20 for two with no booze. (I know, I know, what a waste – but monsoon weather equals driving.) I was too busy eating to take any pics, but rest assured it was delicious.
6. Beth Jones’s style, over at, eh, B Jones Style. I particularly love how she somehow made a poloneck cool. I am dead against polonecks, I swear, even on Gary Barlow – but on this gal . . . well, it all looks good.
* PS – do you have any regular posts you’d like to read? Is there anything you’d like to see less of (apart from my face, which, let’s, uh, face it – geddit?! – there’s no getting away from)? Is there anything you think I’m missing / neglecting / treating badly in the grand sartorial scheme of things? Tell me in the comments! Or, you know, let’s all discuss Gary Barlow.