Rosemary Mac Cabe

Hemlines, heels and haute couture – your daily dose

Penneys €100 gift card winner

Hurrah! The time has come to announce the winner of our €100 Penneys gift card and, I have to say (with no small degree of sadness), that deciding the winner was not as difficult as I hoped it would be. …

Wed, Sep 29, 2010, 12:27

   

Hurrah! The time has come to announce the winner of our €100 Penneys gift card and, I have to say (with no small degree of sadness), that deciding the winner was not as difficult as I hoped it would be. Why not? Well, readers, 75% of you were brilliant – but the other 25% were, um, not brilliant, and this one haiku (YES! a HAIKU and WHY THE HELL NOT?!) was, frankly, the standout of the bunch.

(Love this faux fur coat, available at the end of October for €35)

Anyway, without further ado, the winner is Trisha Canning from Dublin, with this witty ditty:

Penneys from heaven

Starlets glitter in the night

Inconsequential

Sign In

Forgot Password?

Sign Up

The name that will appear beside your comments.

Have an account? Sign In

Forgot Password?

Please enter your email address so we can send you a link to reset your password.

Sign In or Sign Up

Thank you

You should receive instructions for resetting your password. When you have reset your password, you can Sign In.

Hello, .

Please choose a screen name. This name will appear beside any comments you post. Your screen name should follow the standards set out in our community standards.

Thank you for registering. Please check your email for the activation code.

We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Standards. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or by filling out this form. New comments are only accepted for 10 days from the date of publication.