Rosemary Mac Cabe

Hemlines, heels and haute couture – your daily dose

Sin when you’re winning . . .

In the movies, newspaper offices are like Christmas: there are gifts everywhere. I get a few deliveries a week, 99% of which are from my mother. The most recent was my raincoat, which was followed by a text message, 30 …

Wed, Apr 28, 2010, 16:39

   

In the movies, newspaper offices are like Christmas: there are gifts everywhere. I get a few deliveries a week, 99% of which are from my mother. The most recent was my raincoat, which was followed by a text message, 30 minutes later, going: “I am awaiting thanks.” Thanks, ma. The other 1% are ill-advised purchases from Asos – because, really, who needs 10 pairs of harem trousers? No one, that’s who.

This week, it was a collection of interesting gifts that I am now going to bestow upon you, my (6) loyal readers. St Sin is a product that was seven years in the making – and the aim of said product is to, ahem, neutralise your bad breath, should such an affliction ever affect you. (No, I have no idea why they were sent to me either. Perhaps my mother tipped them off about my love of cigarettes, alcohol and garlic. Surely not.)

In any case - I have two sets of St Sin products to give away. St Sin 1 neutralises alcohol, by way of one cherry-flavoured sweet. (I could never consume said product as I hate cherries and, eh, don’t drink . . .) St Sin 2 neutralises garlic breath, and is orange-flavoured (delish). St Sin 3 is for the dreaded tobacco breath (I wouldn’t know, honest) and is cola-flavoured.

 26370_413779727904_209331487904_4721628_7542917_n.jpg

So all you have to do (and, really, this is a great competition because everybody loves garlic, and I’m sure you all know at least one person who drinks or smokes too much, or both) is to answer the following question: “I have really bad breath in the morning” is from which (vaguely) fashionable film? I could give you a hint, as that is almost impossible, but … I won’t.

Email rmaccabe [at] irishtimes.com by Friday, May 7th, with “Sin when you’re winning” in the subject line to win.

Sign In

Forgot Password?

Sign Up

The name that will appear beside your comments.

Have an account? Sign In

Forgot Password?

Please enter your email address so we can send you a link to reset your password.

Sign In or Sign Up

Thank you

You should receive instructions for resetting your password. When you have reset your password, you can Sign In.

Hello, .

Please choose a screen name. This name will appear beside any comments you post. Your screen name should follow the standards set out in our community standards.

Thank you for registering. Please check your email for the activation code.

We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Standards. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or by filling out this form. New comments are only accepted for 10 days from the date of publication.