Tottenham continued Aston Villa’s miserable Christmas period as the Welshman Gareth Bale scored a 22 minute hat-trick at Villa Park on St.Stephens Day.
This game was Gareth Bale’s second game back from injury since he missed round 16 and 17 of the fantasy premier league.
His performance against the Villains was spectacular as he ghosted into the box from the left wing similar to Frank Lampard at the peak of his powers.
There are 5 Reasons that Fantasy Premier League managers should be looking at signing the ever rising star that is Gareth Bale.
1. Tottenham have a run of fixtures that will suit Bale as they play Sunderland Away, Reading Home and QPR Away.
2. Bale has scored 9 Goals and collected 4 assists so far this season with 7 goals and 2 assists coming on his travels. The counter attacking football Tottenham play suits his style of play, especially away from home.
3. Andre Villas-Boas is backing Bale and building the Tottenham team around him encouraging him to get into goal scoring positions. Villas-boas stated after the Aston Villa win that “He is up there with the best” and went on to say that “The team changes so much from one year to another, and as he keeps learning, he will feel even better and probably his performances will improve. His finishing is very accurate. He has been prolific in front of goal this season and I think he is enjoying getting into those positions.”
4. Bale was the third most creative midfielder in the fantasy premier league on St.Stephens Day creating 4 chances for teammates to score, only David Silva (5) and Adel Taarabt (8) created more opportunities. Bale also had the most attempts on goal with 7 shots that produced 3 goals.
5. The Tottenham midfielder only has an ownership rate of 17% which makes him a great differential as most fantasy premier league managers have not yet resigned him since his injury layoff in early December, remember its the differentials that move you up your league table!