- * December 17, 2015: Full Griffith's entries now available by clicking through the parish names in the maps of households returned by Surname search.
- * November 11, 2015: Full births maps 1864-1913 added to Surname search.
- * November 8, 2015: More additions to surname data tables, including O" and "Mc" surname numbers by year and location.
- * October 26, 2015: Total variants = 1,000,594
- * October 21, 2015: Griffith's surname distribution results now mapped onto Google Maps data layers.
Samples: Surname search;
Double Surname search;
- * October 7, 2015: Integration of civil registration surnames now complete. Total surnames now = 101,577. Total variants = 996,089
- * September 25, 2015: Surname distributions as evidence of local culture: Click here.
- * July 15, 2015: County-by-county listings of surnames exclusive (or almost exclusive) to each county now available. Have a look at Clare, for example.
- * July 8, 2015: Roman Catholic parish maps now link directly to the corresponding National Library of Ireland online images.
- * June 30, 2015: A further 2045 new surnames from General Register Office birth records added to our surnames listings. Only 5,000 to go.
The listings now include 832,309
- * June 3, 2015: Another 1855 new surnames, found in the General Register Office birth records, added to our surnames listings. Only 7,000 to go.
- * May 27, 2015: Another thousand new surname variants, found in the General Register Office birth records, added to our surnames listings.
- * May 20, 2015: One thousand new surname variants, found in the General Register Office birth records, added to our surnames listings.
- * May 16, 2015: All General Register Office births 1864-1913 now mapped by surname onto registration districts. See Waldron, for example.
- * January 26, 2015: The surname dictionary now hyperlinks all internal crossreferences. For an example, see Croskerry.
- * September 17, 2014: Placenames search results now display local Registrars' Districts from 1885, with a link to the full list of townlands in each District.
- * September 10, 2014: Direct links added from all civil parishes to the corresponding Ordnance Survey Ireland historic maps. An example for Westport, Co. Mayo (Oughaval parish).
- * July 23, 2014: Limerick street names added, along with Griffith's, 1901 and 1911 links..
- * July 12, 2014: More than 1,000 new surnames (and variants) added, mainly from Dublin Municipal Voters Lists 1912-1915. Here's a sample .
- * June 18, 2014: Placenames search interface simplified. Top Griffith surnames in each civil parish now linked to countywide overview. Here's a sample ("Most Common Surnames ..") for Salterstown in Louth.
- * June 4, 2014: 600 Cork city street names from the 1901 returns added for Cork city.
- * May 28, 2014: Griffith's and 1901 census links now available for Cork city. Griffith's only for the moment for Dublin city.
- * May 21, 2014: You can now drill down from the Poor Law Union (aka Superintendent Registrars' Districts) search to see all place-names in a local registrar's district. An example: Binghamstown registrar's district, a subdivision of Belmullet Poor Law Union.
- * April 21, 2014: The "What's online?" page is much expanded.
- * April 9, 2014: You can now jump in one click from any place-name (rural only for the moment) to the corresponding Griffith's entry, or the census returns for 1901 and 1911. Have a look at Killaloe civil parish to see how it works.
- * January 21, 2014: The surname listings are now browsable by initial letter..
- * October 16, 2013: The results of the Poor Law Union place names search are now sortable by parish and county..
- * August 28, 2013: For a limited period, a reduced-price joint offer from Irish Ancestors and FindMyPast.ie
- * July 31, 2013: An interactive map showing all placenames in each Poor Law Union, also known as Superintendent Registrar's District..
- * July 20, 2013: Wild card searches now available on Placenames and Surnames.
- * March 2013: Hundreds of new gravestone transcript references added. Available through Subscription and Civil parish reports.
- * January 2013: New references added for gravestones, General Register Office records and census substitutes.
A major redesign and relaunch, with:
- * June, 2011: More than 50 new census substitute references added to the subscription and paying ancestor search and civil parish reports.
- * May, 2011: More than 80 new estate papers references added to the subscription and paying ancestor search and civil parish reports.
- * February, 2011: More than 200 new local and church history references added to the subscription and paying ancestor search and civil parish reports.
- * August, 2010: Surnames search now includes details of sources for all variants listed. (c. 626,000 variant pairs).
- * May, 2010: Surnames search massively expanded. Formerly 30,000 surnames and 150,000 variant pairs, the figures are now more than 80,000 surnames and 626,000 variant pairs.
- * October, 2009: 1851 Townlands Index completely re-validated and all errors and omissions corrected.
- * July 22nd, 2009: New Google maps service added.
- * February 23rd, 2009: New weekly "Irish Roots" column begun.
- * January 28th, 2009: 78 new surname reference websites added.
- * July 20th, 2008: Wide range of new references for county record links.
- * January 10th, 2008: Guides to online Irish records, and commercial Irish genealogy sites added.
- * September 16th, 2007: Research wizard added. A step-by-step analysis of what you know, and what you should do next.
- * December 1st, 2006: 643 new links added for Passenger list websites. Now database-driven.
- * November 3rd, 2006: Civil parish summary now shows the ten most common surnames in each parish in Griffith's (1847-68), with the number of households.
- * October 5th, 2006: Parish register listings for heritage centres updated: 335 new and amended entries for Roman Catholic and Church of Ireland records, the latter in the Subscription, Ancestor Search and Civil Parish areas.
- * Jun. 7th, 2006: New material added for Longford, Roscommon and Sligo county links
- * May 13th, 2005: Wide range of new references added, as follows:
- * Census substitutes: 64
- * Local history: 366
- * Estates: 26
- * Gravestone transcripts: 245
- * Occupational sources: 25
- * Church records: 17
- * Mar. 7th, 2005: New material added for county links and RC parish maps
- * Dec. 7th, 2004: New commissioned research service allows clients to order offline record searches for selected records.
- * Sept. 18, 2004: New references for online parish register transcripts added.
- * July 12, 2004: New material added to gravestones, family histories and Irish abroad sections.
- * Apr. 26, 2004: Resubscription option added to Subscription area.
- * Apr. 15, 2004: New references added for gravestone inscriptions in Mayo and Galway (Subscription and Ancestor Search), family websites, new links for Antrim, Donegal, Down and Tyrone.
- * Mar. 10, 2004: Estate records navigation improved for Ancestor Search and Subscription.
- * Mar. 4, 2004: 98 new estate records references added - counties Carlow, Kildare, Monaghan, Westmeath, Wicklow.
- * Feb 4, 2004: Parish register listings for heritage centres and RCB library updated. 972 new entries.
- * Dec. 15, 2003: 2,521 maps added, showing precise locations of civil parishes.
- * Dec. 1, 2003: Civil parish listings now include links to all adjoining parishes.
- * Oct 6, 2003: More than 1000 new Irish Abroad, local history and family history references added to the Subscription and Ancestor search sections.
- * June 12, 2003: The how-to section completely rewritten.
- * May 12, 2003: Major expansion of family history references.
- * April 15, 2003: Major addition of Limerick references for subscription and civil parish records sections.
- * Feb. 21, 2003: Major expansion of links for county record sources.
- * Jan. 31, 2003: Dozens of new links added for county record sources.
- * Jan. 13, 2003: E-mail receipts now sent for all paid services.
- * Jan. 6, 2003: Subscription service navigation improved.
- * Dec. 18, 2002: Civil parish record-search now fully integrated into the subscription service.
- * Dec. 16, 2002: Civil parish and county maps now fully clickable.
- * Oct. 16, 2002: Illustrations added for the browse sections on
New county record sources for Donegal, Kerry, Tipperary and Wexford.
- * August 26th, 2002: New county record sources for Antrim, Armagh, Derry, Donegal, Down, Galway, Leitrim. LImerick, Tipperary and Wexford. Also new family websites added.
- * July 1, 2002: It is now possible to identify all parishes, Ireland-wide, in which two specified surnames were both recorded in Griffith's Valuation. Accessed via the Surname Search.
- * June 10, 2002: Catholic parish maps now permit full listing of placenames.
- * May 1, 2002: Civil parish maps now display full placename listing. Also interactively linked to record sources.
- * March 1, 2002 Civil parish maps added.
- * February 14, 2002: Interactive Catholic parish maps added.
- * December 9th, 2001: Browse section upgraded to 1999 edition of Tracing your Irish Ancestors
- * December 9th, 2001: Sitemap added
- * Sept 10th, 2001: 128 family websites added.
- * June 27, 2001: Record location now hyperlinked to address details for paid searches.
June 20, 2001: 40 family websites added. New links for counties Cork, Wexford and Wicklow.
- * June 13, 2001: Family websites now automatically included as part of the Surname and Ancestor Searches.
- * June 6, 2001: New links added for counties and miscellaneous.
- * April 4, 2001: New links added for counties and surnames.
- * March 28, 2001: New links added for passenger lists, surnames and county references.
- * March 21, 2001:
- * New links added for surnames.
- * 170 new estate records references added - counties Kerry, Limerick, Clare, Monaghan.
- * February 14, 2001: New links added, for counties, surnames and societies.
December 2000: Version 2 of the site is launched.