The Crossword Club offers the daily simplex and crosaire crosswords, along with more than 6,000 Irish Times crosswords from the last 10 years.
Samples of the crosswords are available in the print edition and the Crossword Club online.
With the interactive crosswords, you can check the solutions, race the clock and save and print partially completed crosswords. The leaderboard displays the top 10 scores each day on the Crossword Club homepage.
The Crossword Club leaderboard displays the usernames and completion speeds of the 10 fastest Club members each day. Completions on Sundays are entered into Saturday's leaderboard.
The following rules apply to the Crossword Club leaderboard:
- The leaderboard contains the 10 fastest correct crossword completions by members each day.
- Completions on Sundays are entered into Saturday's leaderboard.
- Archive crossword completions are not included in the leaderboard.
- Seven days of records are accessible.
- A maximum of three pauses are permitted to qualify for the leaderboard.
- Five seconds are added to the clock for each pause.
- Use of the 'Check' button is permitted.
- Use of the 'Reveal' and/or 'Reveal All' buttons result in exclusion from the leaderboard.
- Members will carry out crossword completions for addition to the leaderboard fairly and honestly.
- If it is deemed that a crossword completion time is unachievable within the rules of the leaderboard, the score may be removed from the leaderboard.
If you do not wish to appear in the leaderboard, please use one of the following methods to be automatically excluded from the leaderboard:
- Use the 'Reveal' button. Please note, using the 'Reveal' button will display the solution of the clue selected. You can choose to reveal a clue that you have previously solved.
- Use the 'Reveal All' button. Please note, using the 'Reveal All' button will display the complete solution.
- Pause the game more than three times.
- Save the game at any stage and reload it from your saved game slot.
You can check your solutions online by clicking on the 'Check' button once you have entered a solution. Please note, using the 'Reveal' and 'Reveal All' buttons will display the solution(s). Use of either of these buttons will exclude you from the leaderboard.
Members will carry out crossword completions fairly and honestly. If it is deemed that a crossword completion time is unachievable within the rules of the leaderboard, the score may be removed from the leaderboard.
When you sign up to the Crossword Club, you are asked to choose a username and password. To access the Club after signing up, go to www.irishtimes.com/games/crosswords/ and simply login using these details.
An annual subscription is valid for one year (365 days) and a monthly subscription is valid for 31 days from and including the date of subscription.
Yes, you will receive emails when your account is due for renewal. You will also see a message when you log in to your acount. These reminders will include links to the renewal section in 'My Account'.
You will be able to renew your subscription from 30 days prior to the account expiry date by logging in to 'My Account' and selecting 'Renew'.
Charging for access to a crossword club is part of a growing trend amongst content-driven websites all over the world to introduce subscription models for premium services. The Guardian, The Telegraph, The New York Times and The Times (UK) all charge for access to their crossword services.
Annual membership to the club costs €35; monthly membership costs €5.
You can pay for your subscription online by credit card (Visa, Maestro) or debit card (Laser and Switch) only.
irishtimes.com's payments provider, RBS WorldPay, uses state-of-the-art security tools and techniques to ensure that your payment is completely secure. When you enter your credit or debit card details, a secure link is set up between your browser and RBS WorldPay. If you require more information, please visit www.rbsworldpay.com.
irishtimes.com does not retain any record of customers' credit card details. If you wish, you may choose to open an account with RBS WorldPay to save your details securely for future online transactions.
There are a number of reasons why you may be having difficulty with access. Please ensure that you are using the correct login information. Note that the password field is case sensitive and these details should be entered exactly as they were at registration. Please also check your browser settings to ensure cookies are enabled. If you continue to have problems, please email details of the issue to our Technical Support team at email@example.com.